Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to switch A/C and Outside temperature display in 2013 limited OB from Fahrenheit to Celsius / Centigrade? The manual which came with the car is silent in this respect. In my previous car there was a combination of buttons to push for such F to C temperature display switch. Does anybody know if such combination exists in 2013 limited OB?

Update: Called SoA this morning. Their representative have said that it's not possible to change temperature display by a combination of buttons from Fahrenheit to Celsius in US Outback models. European and Canadian OBs display temperature in Celsius and cannot be switched as well. This is kind of stupid. The temperature controller is essentially the same for all these models. It is probably just a case of replacing an onboard jumper to change the temperature representation. I'll research this and do it by myself. I'll post an update for those who interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anybody know how to switch A/C and Outside temperature display in 2013 limited OB from Fahrenheit to Celsius / Centigrade? The manual which came with the car is silent in this respect. In my previous car there was a combination of buttons to push for such F to C temperature display switch. Does anybody know if such combination exists in 2013 limited OB?

Update: Called SoA this morning. Their representative have said that it's not possible to change temperature display by a combination of buttons from Fahrenheit to Celsius in US Outback models. European and Canadian OBs display temperature in Celsius and cannot be switched as well. This is kind of stupid. The temperature controller is essentially the same for all these models. It is probably just a case of replacing an onboard jumper to change the temperature representation. I'll research this and do it by myself. I'll post an update for those who interested.
Can't agree with you more. I want Celsius!

·
Registered
MY2005 Outback 2,5XT
7 Posts

And which Yours previous car replace succeeded for you there was a combination of buttons to push for such F to C temperature display switch? And how?
Very thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Sorry but Hunny Bunny is no longer around here. I have not seen any report of anyone being able to change from Fahrenhiet to Celsius or the reverse. It would seem to be an easy addition in production if Subaru wanted to.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
I don't think it can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts