Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a new owner of a 2013 Outback 2.5 (base model). I noticed that the drive seat has a slight play in it....meaning when I accelerate from a dead stop, the seat moves back slightly. The play is very small but I do notice it. I did try moving the seat a notch forward and backward but the play is still there. Wondering if anyone else experience this or I just have a bad seat.

Other than that, everything is great.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Check the bolts that hold rails in the floor - re-tighten with torque wrench to proper specs - or have the dealer do it! The car should still be under warranty!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i 6MT
27 Posts
Hello,

I'm a new owner of a 2013 Outback 2.5 (base model). I noticed that the drive seat has a slight play in it....meaning when I accelerate from a dead stop, the seat moves back slightly. The play is very small but I do notice it. I did try moving the seat a notch forward and backward but the play is still there. Wondering if anyone else experience this or I just have a bad seat.

Other than that, everything is great.
I have the same issue as well and will bring it up prior to my 1st scheduled service.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Wow, They still have not fixed this problem from the early 10 models. There is a TSB for a seat frame replacement

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
I have zero movement re: the seat, driver or passenger. Definitely get that checked out.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
950 Posts
Wow, They still have not fixed this problem from the early 10 models. There is a TSB for a seat frame replacement
No kidding! I'm starting to wonder about how Subaru deals with stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
03 Outback H6 base
252 Posts
And the TSB reads:

Slight Movement from Driver's Seat

Service Bulletin #12-116-10
Pages: 1

Bulletin Description: If you encounter a customer complaint that there is slight movement (some customers refer to it as a slight rocking motion) that could be felt in the lower portion of the driverýs seat, there is a countermeasure seat frame now available to remedy the condition.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Is this something that is only on manual seats or does it show up on power seats also?

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
^ I imagine it could be either if it is an actual frame problem, not the seat positioning mechanism.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
Is this something that is only on manual seats or does it show up on power seats also?
It's predominantly reported on DS manual seats (since MY 2010), none I've heard/read on power Prem/Ltd DS seats.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Thanks, That makes more sense. That's usually something that shows up in older cars. The "teeth" where the adjustment handle catches in wear with use and end up with a bit of play.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have exactly the same problem in my 2012! Posted about it in a post titled "Jerk in the Drivers Seat." At my first oil change I was told it was fixed but it kept happening. Now it is weird that since the weather got colder I am not feeling it!

Intersting that there is actually a service bulletin on this. If it starts happening again I will take it back in w/ that service bulletin number -thanks to the person who posted that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts