Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my new 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium, this is my story/review... watch the videos before you buy one.

Vid#1

Vid#2

Hope it helps anyone considering to buy one, specially if it is from Bob Rohrman Subaru (THINK IT TWICE)

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
198 Posts
sorry about your experience. but we have an 11 yo outback with over 178K miles.. it is quieter than our other car - 3 yo Honda, which had rattling from day 1 somewhere around back shelf and they cannot find it.. so we just gave up.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Instead of using all your efforts to stop people from buying a car use your time more effectively and get SOA to help you fix the seatbelts. I gaurantee a rattling seat buckle is not going to stop anyone from buying their car if it doesn't do it on a test drive.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
I had the same rattle on my 10 and I gave the seat belt part where the buckle inserts in a shot of WD40 and it has fixed it for now.

·
Registered
'13 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight ::::: '02 2.5Ltd AT
95 Posts
While I am very sympathetic to the idea that a new car buyer should have very high standards expectations about the experience, I do not understand this approach. Instead of asking, "Are there other owners with this experience?", the OP asserts this is a pervasive issue with 2013s. I don't have the experience with my 2013. I understand the frustration with the dealership and wanting an annoyance-free car--I get that. What I don't get is the blanket accusation based on an individual experience. If there's more to it, let that come out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just to be clear... I am not trying to prevent people from buying the car or anything like that... As I state it clearly in my video. I just think that as a consumer it is fair to know all the pro's and con's and the rattle is something I was never aware until I bought the car and drove by myself. I am not gaining or loosing anything I am just sharing my experience to help others put all the cards on the table before making decisions

Ps. Thanks for the WD40 advise... I will try it and see how it goes

·
Registered
'12 Outback 3.6R Limited
185 Posts
I thought I was picky about my Outback.

I'd also be surprised if the rattle was a feature found in many Outbacks. I'd contact SOA if the dealer isn't willing to help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a problem with anyone "name dropping" on the internet. Once you put something or someone's name in print you can be sued for libel, and once you speak it you can be sued for slander. Thousands of people can see this and if you make a harsh statement on what anyone may or may not of have said I hope you voice recored it or video recored it, or have a document or yes you could be sued.

There is an old saying "don't belive anything you hear and only half of what you see, because there are two sides to every story"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the post title is a little misleading. You are talking about a rattle, and yes this is a new car and expectations are high, but to be so negative about a small problem seems like your frustration is focused in the wrong direction. I think you had a bad experience with the dealer and a more sympathetic dealer could have made you feel a little better, but to come on the forum and make a blanket statement that these problems are the norm is not the right way to go about your problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry about your experience. but we have an 11 yo outback with over 178K miles.. it is quieter than our other car - 3 yo Honda, which had rattling from day 1 somewhere around back shelf and they cannot find it.. so we just gave up.
Is your Car a Honda Civic? :)
My 2007 Honda Civic had a rattle issue near the speaker board. It took me 4 visits to the dealership (within the first 6 months of my car ownership) to temporarily fix it.
And then it came back after 2 months... Heck, the car was fine. I convinced myself that it is ok...:eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is your Car a Honda Civic? :)
My 2007 Honda Civic had a rattle issue near the speaker board. It took me 4 visits to the dealership (within the first 6 months of my car ownership) to temporarily fix it.
And then it came back after 2 months... Heck, the car was fine. I convinced myself that it is ok...:eek:
yes it is, 2010 Civic. 3 visits to dealrship, nothing. They told it was "tire inflation" which of course it isn't. I just gave up. Rattle is still there.

·
Registered
2002 BMW 325i, 2007 SS Trailblazer, 2012 Acura TSX Wagon
98 Posts
sorry about your bad luck but goodluck getting SOA to go above and beyond to help you going forward after posting this all over the internet. Good thing your car is brand new and you can still get it remedied. Having a relative who is a factory rep, once an owner says 'would never buy again', posts things like 'this' on the internet, or 'I hate my car', the manufacturer is usually done w/ you as a cust. Chances are great you will never purchase another Subaru product anyway so they will play the numbers game. Its the cost of doing business. I have had warranty work done before well beyond the warranty period by taking the positive approach. But good luck to you though.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2021 Outback Limited 2.5L - 🍦The Ice Cream Man🍦
5,657 Posts
I'm not liking this despite any good intentions by the OP.

THREAD CLOSED.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.