Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i. I have a couple of questions about specific conditions to use it, or not use it.

One of them pertains to cruise control. I have been told not to use it under 40 MPH or going uphill.

The other is about using tire chains. Someone said that, because Subarus are AWD, that using chains just on the front tires is bad for the car. It had something to do with how each tire senses the other tires. There was mention about removing a fuse that controls the AWD. This was advised for when putting on the spare tire.

Is any of this information correct?

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I have a 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i. I have a couple of questions about specific conditions to use it, or not use it.

One of them pertains to cruise control. I have been told not to use it under 40 MPH or going uphill.

The other is about using tire chains. Someone said that, because Subarus are AWD, that using chains just on the front tires is bad for the car. It had something to do with how each tire senses the other tires. There was mention about removing a fuse that controls the AWD. This was advised for when putting on the spare tire.

Is any of this information correct?

Thanks,
Brad
Mixing two very different things here. Search on tire chains. The real answer is when you really need tire chains on the Subaru with decent tire tread - conditions are going to be so bad you probably won't want to be there to start with. 99.9% of subaru owners will never ever need to run tire chains on open roads. Closed roads is a different story.

Stick to the cruise control noise issue for sure an interesting one worth exploring on the forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts