Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a new 2013 OB with only 4000 miles on it. Recently, when I back out of my driveway and put it into drive, and press on the accelerator, I hear a single 'clunk' in the right front passenger area as I'm going forward 5-10 feet. Sounds like metal hitting metal and it coming from under the right from axle area. Has anyone seen this before? Hope it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Hello,
I have a new 2013 OB with only 4000 miles on it. Recently, when I back out of my driveway and put it into drive, and press on the accelerator, I hear a single 'clunk' in the right front passenger area as I'm going forward 5-10 feet. Sounds like metal hitting metal and it coming from under the right from axle area. Has anyone seen this before? Hope it's nothing serious.
ABS self check does this. Pretty sure thats what your hearing. Every car does it just that some are more easily noticed. I drove a rented Ford a few weeks ago and noticed that Ford masks the ABS check with the self locking doors. Both are very loud but when you do it at the same time as the door locks slamming down you kinda avoid people asking you what that bang noise was under the hood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts