Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new (to me) outback. I have the smart key with push button start. I am pretty sure it should remote start, however when I follow the instructions in the manual it will not start. The lights flash and the horn honks, but the engine does nothing. Any thoughts on to resolve the issue?

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
Image of the key? Are you "sure" it's a remote start? My '11 has 4 buttons. The red "panic" the larger round "lock" the smaller round "unlock" and "hatch" buttons. I did get a RAM recently that has a remote start but you need to push the start button twice to initialize the remote starting. My Subie doesn't have any remote start and the manual is in the car so I can't reference it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a new (to me) outback. I have the smart key with push button start. I am pretty sure it should remote start, however when I follow the instructions in the manual it will not start. The lights flash and the horn honks, but the engine does nothing. Any thoughts on to resolve the issue?
I’m having the exact same problem. Did anyone ever have any pointers?

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,677 Posts
2013-14 outback did not come with remote start it was a dealer installed option you will have a separate fob that will remote start car

part number for the kit is

H001SAJ800
fob looks like this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts