Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about due for my 90k. I've read some people saying to not pay the asking price at the dealership for the scheduled maintenance but, to rather just tell them what you need done.
What should I ask them to do and what about the "inspect" selections? Will they check those regardless like a inspection check with oil change?
How much should I be looking at?
Anyone experienced want to do the work rather than the dealer in the CO spgs area?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,294 Posts
I always read the owners manual (or the online maintenance schedule) and hand-write a list I want the dealer to do.

I do the other items myself..... (air filters... etc)

In my experience, they ALWAYS do the inspections anyway (they are always looking to find more problems that need fixing) I have NEVER left a dealership service department without them giving me a list of 'problems' that they have found and they want me to schedule another appointment to have them fixed.

Beware, I have found that I need to be VERY specific when I ask my dealership to do something.

For example: if I tell them to change the brake-fluid... they will only suck the reservoir and refill it unless I SPECIFY to change ALL the fluid down to the wheel-cylinders.

Another example: If I ask them to change the CVT fluid, they will only drain-n-fill unless I specify they change ALL the fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts