Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium No NAV, NO HK

I have suffered through the base radio long enough. While it flawlessly plays my Ipod Nano, the interface is cumbersome for searching.

I am thinking about installing an Alpine IVE-W535HD. I have read taiguys install completely. I have a few questions for the forum.

Equipment I am looking at:

Alpine IVE-W535HD
Axxess ASWC
PAC TR7
Harness from SVXdc

My concern is the dash bracket. As you can see the Alpine has the volume knob in the lower left. I found a few dash kits for the 2013 Outback

Metra
95-8903B= Black and Lets the radio sit upright
95-8903S= Painted silver
95-8904B= Black - more flush but tilts the radio at a angle

Metra
95-8904B - Black flush mount
Metra Part # 95-8904B | Subaru Legacy Dash kit | Metra Online

and

95-8903B ans 95-8903S look identical except for color.
Metra Online

Silver one looks like what Crutchfield would include:
Subaru In-dash Receiver Kit Fits select 2010-up Subaru vehicles (double-DIN) at Crutchfield.com

My concern is the 95-8903 recessed kits might make the volume knob on the Apline inaccessible.
On the other hand would the 95-9804 make the radio tilt too much?

I don't believe the screen Tilts on this Alpine unit.

What does everyone think?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I know in my OB I use the steering wheel controls alot, almost exclusively. My Kenwood tilts and has the volume and mute buttons in the lower left portion of the radio but I rarely use them. I used the standard 8903 black kit since the silver doesn't match and the tilt kit may (probably) requires you to cut on the under structure of the dash. I'd say go for it since the volume is something you can use from the wheel.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
8903 i hated! 8904 i love. i have a kenwood in my car. i got the kit that mounts it so you dont have to cut. while i always use the steering wheel controls, my wife complained about it. i recently switched to the kit that requires cutting, were talking about 5 minutes of cutting plastic. my $19.99 rotary tool from autozone is one of the best tools ive ever bought. when im by myself i blast the radio, when my daughter gets in she hates it, it takes a bit longer to turn down the volume with the steering wheel. a knob is nice sometimes. your knob wont be totally unaccessable, mine you had to turn it with your hand at an angle. and no the dash kit doesn't tilt too much, i was also concerned about that, but it makes little if any difference.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
sorry pics didn't show up. i usually use facebook and then just copy and paste them here. some see the pics, some dont. the photobucket way which is i guess what youre supposed to do is a lot more time consuming. the photos were deleted from fb so im using photobucket which only works about 50% of the time
also i dont know if having a sunroof has any effect on glare for the radio?

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
I have the pioneer avh-x3500bhs that is also a 6.1 I bought mine from crutchfield,it came with a din, harness and also a legacy/outback install guild...FYI, the 8903 is to big for mine(won't really know about yours), and crappy angles ,mine is touch buttons I moc installed the dub din in the radio,there is space on top and it bows in on each side a few mm top and sides,they did also have an option of a"custom fit black din" instead of this 8903 but it might be its counter part,if I was you like I will now,go for 8904

1 - 5 of 5 Posts