Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6-sp Manual, previously 2000 Forester 5-sp Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Google Pixel 4a running Android 11. Deleted my old phone from my Subaru, and went through the pairing process for the new phone. Phone is connected and operates as expected.

Issue I am having is upon starting the car the BT doesn't connect automatically as it did with my OG Pixel XL. I have set the preferred device in the car, and checked settings on the phone - can't seem to find a resolution other than manually connecting from the stereo controls or the phones BT menu.

Anyone experience similar issues?

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i
2,851 Posts
tell the phone to auto connect under BT settings and that your car is listed in the Android BT device listing

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6-sp Manual, previously 2000 Forester 5-sp Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tell the phone to auto connect under BT settings and that your car is listed in the Android BT device listing
Figured it out....there are TWO storage locations for a paired phone, fist is accessible through the radio controls, the other accessible through hands-free/voice controls. Phones must be deleted and paired in both locations it seems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my phone connected in both locations it will not connect automatically and constantly breaks the connection.

I had the same issue. I had to delete from both locations. Like literally delete the radio pairings, then delete them using the voice prompts on the steering wheel as well. Then reconnected using the steering wheel controls and the voice prompts only. I did not reconnect at the radio menu. Then it worked after that. Took me a couple months to figure it out...lol I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts