Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that the interior illumination kit and the eyesight system is not compatible. My dealer and I just found out the hard way. The cable in the A-Pillar that receives power and ground for the illumination kit isn't there. They could have installed it by pulling power from somewhere else but I didn't want to risk splicing into wires on a brand new car. They called Subaru and got confirmation that it is indeed not compatible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What didn't you want to risk splicing in? If a pro does the install there is NO risk.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Has nothing to do with the splicing it has to do with Eye Sight being affected by the background light of the kit thus causing issues of either not seeing what it should or seeing something when it isn't there...

·
Registered
2012 outback limited
237 Posts
Wow, now this adds to being a deal breaker for me, love the interior ilumination lighting ! If cameras are against the windshield, this should not have any effect ? 2014 maybe ?

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Doubt it has anything to do with eyesight. More to do with lack of an electrical connector in the a-pillar.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight
241 Posts
^^ Agreed, they most likely used that harness to power the eyesight system instead.
EyeSight deals with much more distractions than some lights inside the car.

I wanted this too but I m driving the car now and I dont miss it much. I may still manually install the sill plates though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm more interested in the fact that the special appearance package is not available with the Eyesight system. Also, the fact that the rear vents on the special appearance package only blow cold air. =\ Tribeca vents I guess. Luxury, yeah right.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight
241 Posts
Yes, how do the rear vents only blow cool air? That seems ridiculous considering the Ac/Heat all use the same ducts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is the problem with Subaru doing "luxury" at a economical price. It's almost good. Eyesight, ok but what an ugly glob of plastic. I mean all the other cars don't use cameras so awfully tacked on. Auto lights? Terrible. Don't even get me started on iPod integration. It's terrible. Gps is terrible. Fake plastic wood, tacky as ****.

This is why I bought the premium, because I want the Subaru for what they do great. All wheel drive at a great price. You don't have to wow me with gizmos Subaru. If I wanted that I'd by a Audi.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
I just today ordered the illumination kit for my 2013 OB 3.6R with Eyesight. Thanks to you people on this Forum, I'm able to avoid all the hassle and expense of returning the product after trying to install it.

I find it a bummer, though. I really like the look of the illumination kit. My dealer explained to me that Subaru has never been a leader in technology, and that has certainly proven to be true. It's a great car, though, and I'm happy to have it even with these little shortcomings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts