Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues with the driver side power window switch? Sometimes it works okay, but other times it will only roll up about 2 inches for every "up" pull on the switch. Rolling down is fine. So odd... it is a very consistent ~2 inches. I have to just hit the switch "up", "up", "up", "up" to roll the window all the way up.

This isn't some feature I'm just not understanding, is it? :p

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
391 Posts
sounds like something might be impacting the roll up. From what I understand, all auto up windows need a sensor to make sure that a limb or a small child isn't in the way.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/moonroof package and Illumination Package #2 Dark Grey Metallic
66 Posts
no problem here... sounds like an issue for the dealership under warranty...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
. . . it will only roll up about 2 inches for every "up" pull on the switch. . . . This isn't some feature I'm just not understanding, is it?
Does your 2013 have the auto-up feature? If so, when the switch is pulled "up" to raise the window, are you intending to use the auto-up feature, or only snapping the switch up momentarily? If the switch is pulled up only part way and then released, the window will not go up automatically -- it will run only as long as the switch is pulled up. But if the switch is pulled up all the way (there might be a slight click or snap felt), the auto-up feature is engaged, and the window should run till it's closed.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Anyone having issues with the driver side power window switch? Sometimes it works okay, but other times it will only roll up about 2 inches for every "up" pull on the switch. Rolling down is fine. So odd... it is a very consistent ~2 inches. I have to just hit the switch "up", "up", "up", "up" to roll the window all the way up.

This isn't some feature I'm just not understanding, is it? :p
It sounds like you aren't pulling the button all the way up, past the "click" that activates the auto-up feature.

I know, for me, the window switches have taken some getting used to because they have a lot less travel than our Jetta and my old Saturn.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
Only issue with me is that the one touch down works well for the passenger front and the driver side, but when I just want it half way on the driver side its almost impossible, but the passenger side works fine. I plan to tell the dealer about it. They told me to make a list of issues and then bring it in. Other issues I have seen are fit and finish issues on the headliner on the passenger side where the center pillar in the middle of the doors joins, shroud around the drivers side seat where the power adjust swithes are is loose, bluetooth reception on the mic. Little things I can live with but they offered

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem. It's worked without issue for 54,000 miles, then the auto down and the up only two inches at a time issue started happening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
See if this process fixes your issue. I found it in another post on this forum:

Initialization of power window
If the vehicle’s battery is disconnected due
to situations such as battery or fuse
replacement, the following functions are
deactivated.
. One-touch auto up/down function
. Anti-entrapment function
Initialize the power window in the following
procedure to reactivate such functions.
1. Close the driver’s door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON”
position.
3. Open the driver’s side window halfway
by pushing down the power window
switch.
4. Pull up the power window switch and
close the window completely. Continue
pulling up the switch for approximately 1
second after the window is closed completely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts