Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Everyone, I just happened to check the Fujitsu Ten Eclipse site and they have the Head unit that is installed in the 2013 Outbacks. The model number is AVN827GA.

Here is the Product Page.

Here is the AVN Manual.

Here is the Installation Manual.

I hope this helps with some of the issues that everyone is having.

John Bovinette

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
Fantastic find John. I just went the the product page link you provided and watched the demo video. No question this is what you get with the Limited or when you add Nav.

Hopefully this will help us disable some of those annoying messages and other things.

Cheers man!

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
Looks like the installation manual might be the gem here. If Subaru kept the same wiring scheme there is hope that we will be able to disable the speed and parking break sensors. I am increasingly optimistic here however unfortunately I lack the testicular fortitude to take the dash apart on my own vehicle with less than 2k miles on the odo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On a side note. Does your guys show buildings and such. I just went to Chicago and mine didnt even in 3d which is what I thought it should do but didnt. Thought that it must not till I saw the pics in the link

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
OK Everyone, I just happened to check the Fujitsu Ten Eclipse site and they have the Head unit that is installed in the 2013 Outbacks. The model number is AVN827GA.

Here is the Product Page.

Here is the AVN Manual.

Here is the Installation Manual.

I hope this helps with some of the issues that everyone is having.

That is an awesome post! Thank you for getting it out to us. Now, we need one of our tech people to bring it to reality and tell us what we have to do to disable the speed sensor, so that all features will function when the vehicle is in motion! Great job!

·
Registered
2013 Satin White 2.5 Limited w SAP, Puddle Lights, Rear Seat Back Protector
47 Posts
Neato! Actually, I believe that disconnecting the speed sensor adversely affects nav position accuracy in the event the GPS signal is lost (in a downtown city w high rises, tunnels, etc.). I wonder what would happen if the parking brake wire was grounded?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been searching for a manual for this NAV System since I bough it in the first week of January. I have checked every couple days to see if they have added anything. I checked yesterday and It wasn't there. They added it today! Looks like the Eclipse version headunit has a couple more features available than what the Outback comes with. I'm glad that I could be of assistance.

My main thing was trying to find a volume for the microphone input for the hands free mode. It understands me but it will not understand my wife at all. I was trying to find an adjustment of some kind for the mic.

John Bovinette

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
hey - Im seeing audio controls that are NOT on my unit. Loudness and sub woofer controls and much more!!!!
Why have these been disabled?

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
Great find! Man, 300+ pages in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Great find! Man, 300+ pages in the owners manual.
seriously - there are a lot of decent audio controls in this unit - why are they disabled for the outback? How can I get them back????

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
This unit seems to be the unit that is installed, sold and marketed "down under" (Australia/New Zealand).
I think someone earlier posted this already on this forum only to find out that the U.S. version is different....
Are you sure that this is the unit that is installed in our U.S. Outbacks?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Has anyone pulled our US version NAV/Eclipse out of the center console to read/verify the model number on the back of the unit?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
If I recall the only one who actually pulled the unit out was Se7enLC - are you there Se7enLC ????

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
No - typically, the model number is on back side of the unit. You have to pull the unit out to see the model number... I think!
Se7enLC could tell us, what it is, if he gets to read these pages....

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
106 Posts
I have a friend that repairs electronics for a living at a car audio shop in Southern California, I got a look at a tech document on his computer that showed the plugs on the back of the 2013 F10 unit (I believe it was a SOA document). It may help someone here, I have not had the time to mess with it yet.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Synctool on that website does not support model AVN827GA - if that is the one that we have in 2013 OB.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
djz - can your friend confirm that the data that you have published covers model AVN827GA?

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
106 Posts
djz - can your friend confirm that the data that you have published covers model AVN827GA?
He searched the PDF for me and did not find that model number or any other model number in there.

This is the cover page of the doc those images came from. I am trying to get him to send the entire document to me, but so far no luck. He has assured me that there is nothing in there that spells out how do disable or enable the security features though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts