Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited
74 Posts
Folks- I hear a rattle coming behind on my 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited. The car is less than a week old, and it has nothing but me in the car :) Not even a plastic cup.
I hear the rattle on some rough roads (not bumpy or bad though), and I know for sure it is coming from the back..
Anyone with any ideas/suggestions/potential rattle points?

Thanks.
My 2013 OB has click sound over uneven surface, not sure if that's the same sound you have. I suggest you taking out everything in the cargo area, i.e., cargo cover, tools, other stuff etc. Make sure the rear hatch is closed, license plate is not shaking. Then drive again, if you still hear it, you probably need to contact your dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited
74 Posts
Problem solved

The click/knocking sound i had on my OB has gone! The culprit is the tailgate latch. While being closed, it's not tight enough. When on bumpy road, the striker (metal loop on the bottom) will be touching the latch. It's hard to find out, because once you shut the tailgate, you can't tell if it's loose or tight. I spent sometime in the cargo area and had someone driving on rough roads and pinpointed the sound source. Had someone at the dealership adjust the striker a bit and the sound disappeared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.