Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Outback Limited 2.5i without nav. I have had horrible results with the quality of the recorded name that goes into the phone book. Keep in mind that this has nothign to do with the phone and BT function which were not connected at the time. I recorded a name while idling in the driveway. Sound quality was ok. Then I recorded a name while driving and there was a very loud whine - so loud that the voice recognition system misunderstood me and asked for me to repeat things. Secondly, when using my phone and the bluetooth system the people I have called have been unable to hear my clearly because of the whining (not my whining, it's from the microphone I swear! ;-)). Anyways, this is what I consider a defect on a car that I've had only 10 days.

Anyone else having this issue? Try recording names/phone numbers into the phone system while driving and you'll hear the quality of what is recorded. Waiting for the dealership to call back as I type this.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mine is very clear and much better than my BMW 335i.
Not sure if this is because I have NAV or HK audio but it is very good...

·
Registered
16 Posts
any luck

Ever get this resolved? My mom and my wife both bought 2013 outbacks at the same time so I have 2 almost identical models to compare. My moms sounds great and my wifes is almost impossible to understand. I even tried using my wifes phone in my moms car and it sounded fine, so I know its not her phone.

I have a 2013 Outback Limited 2.5i without nav. I have had horrible results with the quality of the recorded name that goes into the phone book. Keep in mind that this has nothign to do with the phone and BT function which were not connected at the time. I recorded a name while idling in the driveway. Sound quality was ok. Then I recorded a name while driving and there was a very loud whine - so loud that the voice recognition system misunderstood me and asked for me to repeat things. Secondly, when using my phone and the bluetooth system the people I have called have been unable to hear my clearly because of the whining (not my whining, it's from the microphone I swear! ;-)). Anyways, this is what I consider a defect on a car that I've had only 10 days.

Anyone else having this issue? Try recording names/phone numbers into the phone system while driving and you'll hear the quality of what is recorded. Waiting for the dealership to call back as I type this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
wfg97079
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing