Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None (none!) of the windows go down (or up) on my 2013 Outback.

1- I checked the Passengers’ windows lock button (even tho we all know it never affected the driver window operation)
2- I checked fuses 2 ,3, 15, 27, 29. All OK incl.
3- I disconnected battery for 30s and reconnected.
4- All other accessories seem OK.

What to check next?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited
5 Posts
My power windows went out on my 2013 outback in June. It was traced to slow blow fuse #10, 30A. Part Number 82211AJ30A. This part is not labeled in the manual.

I suspect it might've been related to my habit of pushing/pulling all four window buttons at once.

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
Fuse #10 under the hood?
Not fuse #10, instead, Slow-blow fuse (SBF) #10. See attached. (As was noted above, SBFs aren't listed in the Owners Manual, but, they are shown on the fuse box map on the underside of the fuse box cover.)

2013 fuse box part.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Local mech determined everything btw the window motor and the fusebox works with a shunt (bypass). He's now checking what's up btw the battery and the indoor fusebox.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Local mech determined everything btw the window motor and the fusebox works with a shunt (bypass). He's now checking what's up btw the battery and the indoor fusebox.
Update and closing ticket. Mechanic discovered the main power window relay was stuck open and concluded right front motor was stuck in a dead spot. Giggled the window so it causes the motor to move away from the dead spot. All windows work again.

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,399 Posts
Nice to know it all works again.

I'm still fighting an intermittent problem on my '13 driver window.

Occasionally, it will lose the auto up/down function and needs to be reset. Since I rarely lower the window in the winter unless I have to, it shows up at the most inconvenient times. I'll pull up to an ATM, toll booth, or drive-through window and then find out my driver side window won't lower. After trying 4-5 times it will eventually move but then I have to reset the up/down function again. I think it's temperature related, but I don't know for sure, I haven't been able to figure out a pattern. It happens once, about every couple of months.

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6 , '11 OB 2.5 , '11 Legacy 2.5
295 Posts
My power windows went out on my 2013 outback in June. It was traced to slow blow fuse #10, 30A. Part Number 82211AJ30A. This part is not labeled in the manual.

I suspect it might've been related to my habit of pushing/pulling all four window buttons at once.
You must be a surgeon. How do you do this? Two hands?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts