Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new 2013 Subaru Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT, etc and I was wondering how come it didn't come with rear seat vents in the center console. I see pictures where they are shown with the vents there but mine doesn't have it. Anyone would know this as being a difference for vehicles sold in Canada?
Thank you!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Subaru Canada website and brochure lists 5 versions of the 2.5i Outback - base, convenience, convenience with PZEV, touring, and limited, with the limited being the most expensive one. No premium version is listed - also, looking at the brochure for Canada, when it lists the automatic climate control, it just lists it as that - however, in the US brochure, it lists it as being automatic climate control with center console rear vents - do any of the Canada-specific models have them?

·
Registered
84 Posts
A glance at the Suby Canada site reveals that there is no "premium" - it's called "touring" in Canada. It sits below the Limited, like the premium does. However, according to the spec page, in Canada all trim levels should come standard with rear vents, and they blow both hot and cold.

If you bought a 2013 Premium with no rear vents in Canada, from a Canadian dealer, at Canadian prices... :8:

·
Registered
16,295 Posts
. . .according to the spec page, in Canada all trim levels should come standard with rear vents, and they blow both hot and cold.
The Subaru Canada spec page is referring to the rear seat duct outlets under the front seats, not the center console rear vents available on U.S. models as is listed in post #5, and pictured in U.S. market publications.

The under-seat ducts have been on Subarus for years.

See also: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/28-canada/47996-rear-ac-ducts-2013-limited.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not sure anymore about the difference between Premium and Limited, but I believe now Premium and Limited are the same thing in Canada. Looking up the Canadian website ... it only advertises the Limited version, so I think it is the same thing. I didn't look into the eyesight package, but I think that is available for the 6 cylinder car only ... maybe not, can't remember, I just wasn't interested in that feature. Imagine I would have to worry about another electronic gadget half done or engineered or thought, etc ... maybe more recalls or something else to control the vehicle or create problems ... besides me or my wife :).

·
Registered
161 Posts
My 2013, US Brochure equipment listing in the rear of the brochure under Climate control, only lists the 2.5I Limited and 3.6r Limited available with the center console rear vents as standard equipment.. Not available in the premium models..

Steve..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here you only get them in the limited. Have you asked your dealer? seems to me like that would be the easiest way to get an answer.
Of course I did ... if you want to see the most incompetent people in all jobs they do, come to Alberta. I don't talk only dealers ... my Toyota dealer did an oil change etc on my Tundra last spring and also asked them to swap my winter tires w/ summer ones and they put the wrong nuts (even though I gave them the box with the right nuts and repeatedly told them to put the right ones - bought from them!!!) and wrecked my all 4 wheels from driving w/o knowing ...
Some people here are mentioning how they learn from here about recalls before the dealers hear about them ...
The sales guy was trying to explain me what he thinks it should be for about 5 minutes when I stopped him, asked him if he has a limited version in the showroom and if he can get his a$$ of his chair and go look and come back and tell me yes or no. That took too much brain from him ... I think he was tires for the rest of the week after that move.
In less words, ... that's why I write here instead of calling the dealer ... GREAT FORUM! - by the way - and thanks for all the answers!:29:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also ... when I bought the vehicle, the salesman and the service manager looked at the car for 15 min to find out where to release the electric brake, if the battery dies or something else happens ... then they showed me the book. I said - here is the car, show me on the car, not in the book. That's where the discussion ended ... they couldn't find it. How can they stay in business? Everyone has money in Alberta, so they will sell just by showing up to work ... some days. At least the other side of the coin ... they don't try to push you into buying or telling you lies about things they don't have a clue about, because its OK to not be able to do your job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
AllWhiteOB
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing