Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Limited and was curious how you guys keep the seat buckles from leaving an indention into the upper rear seat when you fold them down. I have moved the buckles as best I can out of the way but it still leaves a pretty good mark until the seat recovers after being set up for a bit. I know it won't be able to recover like this forever and wasn't sure if I'm missing something obvious or not.

Try and post pictures in a second.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
113 Posts
I have a 2013 Limited and was curious how you guys keep the seat buckles from leaving an indention into the upper rear seat when you fold them down. I have moved the buckles as best I can out of the way but it still leaves a pretty good mark until the seat recovers after being set up for a bit. I know it won't be able to recover like this forever and wasn't sure if I'm missing something obvious or not.

Try and post pictures in a second.
I leave my back seat down all the time because I throw my chair back there.

Oh, geezus, my dog's sitting in my lap and he just farted. Holy crap that stinks. I lost my train of thought. Oh yeah.

When I took my nephew for a ride, I noticed the same indention after putting the seat up. As long as it doesn't tear, it should be all right...as in, it will "pop" back into place. I haven't tried shoving that piece down into the "hole" between the seats, but that may work. I had the same issue with my Cherokee. But even after 227,000 miles (most of them with the rear seat down), it never tore the seat.

Interesting note: If you remove the head rests when you lay down the back seat, they fit perfectly in the area above the spare tire. Subaru thinks of everything. :cool:

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited, 2.5 w/Moonroof
163 Posts
Agree it's a nuisance at best, defect at worse...

Had the same problem on my 2013 the first week I had it... Left a permanent mark in the rear leather that's just a shadow of the original dent it left. I'd think the metal "insert" piece on the rear belt and the plastic surround on that same piece would have a different angle on it to avoid this problem. First car I've ever had with this.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
Interesting note: If you remove the head rests when you lay down the back seat, they fit perfectly in the area above the spare tire. Subaru thinks of everything. :cool:
That is interesting! On my 03 I just traded in - I had the headrests off for the past few years and they surely dont fit in such a place in THAT car - I have them in a bag in my house and recently realized I didnt return them when I traded in - same goes for the rear cargo cover - maybe I should post on here to sell? lol

Regarding the belts and the seats - I noticed this the other day. The 2003 had a nice slot for each of the seat belts and the 2013 has two lame slots and....well thats it.
But, on the flip side - I like that I dont have to pull the rear seat up to put the back down - thats a nice improvement.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
LOL you should see the dents my kids car seats leave. The seat belt clips are the least of your worries. HA HA
Yeah I've had my daughters car seat base installed since we left the dealer, I'm afraid to remove it. Especially with new leather I'm afraid it will take on a permenant stretching from being pressed down so tight.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
How can you tell?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited, Graphite Gray & 2002 Chevy Suburban LS 2500 4x4 6.0 V-8(Retired) 2009 Chevy Suburban LS 2500 4x4 6.0
94 Posts
Yeah !!! What subiesailor said...lol....both my subie(leather seats) and suburban (cloth seats) have dents from the kiddie seats !!!

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
Re: car seats... I always fold up a bath towel (black to match the interior) under the car seat. This reduces the impact that it has on the seat. There's still an imprint, but it goes away after a week or so with no car seat (though that doesn't happen often).

A for the seatbelts, I haven't found a solution... But it doesn't bother me, either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts