Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd balance things a little by devoting a thread to things we like about the 2013 OB.

I will start.

1) I have the Limited and I really like the front seats. Good support and comfortable and the seat warmers work very well. 2 settings is enough for me.

2) I like the ride. It is firm but not floaty and quiet so my passengers say.

3) I like the NAV. It does things my 2 Garmins never did (I admit they are not new or have all the features). Have you noticed that you can see street numbers as you approach any destination. I like being reminded 2-3 kilometers beforehand when I have to do anything. An altimeter, that's cool! And a cool graphic pops up alerting you when you enter or exit a freeway. My advice, ditch the Garmin and learn to work with the Subaru NAV. It might surprise you.

There's more but others can weigh in.

Ron

·
Registered
982 Posts
I find the seats very comfortable but I have long legs and do with the seat cushion was longer. Since 95% of my driving is to places I know I like the street numbers on the nav as that is useful for anyone.

My personal individual favorites are AWD, and Eyesight. Then after that I'm loving the ground clearnace, storage and MPG for its class.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got '13 3.6R limited OB.
I really like its boxer engine. It's so smooth and not so thirsty.
Weight to power ratio is better than in the most of similar cars.
5 speed AT is also good. Though 6 or more speed AT would be better.
The power transfer split 45 front / 55 back wheels. I like it better than front wheel biased cars. Cargo space and its lay out is also better than in many other SUVs. Firmer than '10 - '12 models ride and heavier steering gives an illusion of driving a sporty sedan. I like that too :29:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I am trying to think of some small things other than the obvious EyeSight, engine, cvt, mpg and suspension improvements.
1. Nav gets a lot of bad press but it is much improved over previous version.
2. Nice handling ride. Marshmallow ride is gone.
3. No longer need key in ignition to operate homelink.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Eyesight
Nav altimiter
Puddle lights always get comments
Got 33mpg going up toward Seeley Lake last weekend (60-65mph in the dark/snow)
AWD. Never have owned a car that could get up the driveway without a running start in snow lol
Reclining rear seats and rear seat vents
Perforated leather
Big ass fog lights!
Boxer growl

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmmm I dont have a new one yet, but I can say - comparing from my 2003 Limited,
I love the controls on the steering, I think the reclining rear seats is a very cool improvement and the rear vents is VERY VERY cool.
hmmm I love where the oil filter is located. I dont do much in cars but I do change my oil and this makes it much easier.

Heck - Im gonna be thrilled to drive an Outback that doesnt need a head gasket replacement every few years and at this point - will LOVE an OB that doesnt have chronic CELS (Check Engine Light Syndrome). ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
keyless ignition
puddle lights
SAP leather is nice
hard plastic on back of front seats (bc of baby)
CVT with 2.5i, good mpg
Clean looking interior

·
Registered
34 Posts
Didn't think I would notice and certainly it was not on my radar at all during the decision process, but...

Virtually everyone I come across says that either the Outback is their favorite car or they wished they could get one. This reinforces my good taste. :) Noone even noticed my Camry.

Better than the alternative, I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like that my wife is totally satisfied with it. Her big need was a slightly higher but not big vehicle to allow her to see over traffic and the fact that it has a start button. Misplaced keys are a problem for her. Now the key is zipped into the side pocket of her purse - problem gone. The heated seats are nice for her as well.

I like the boxer engine and oil filter placement for ease of maintenance. It also rides a lot better than i expected.

·
Registered
415 Posts
keyless ignition
puddle lights
SAP leather is nice
hard plastic on back of front seats (bc of baby)
CVT with 2.5i, good mpg
Clean looking interior

All of the above except for the 2.5 cause I am a 3.6 lover. I have to add I like the interior illumination kit too. I like the fact that you don't see too many rolling around where I live although I have to admit they are gaining in popularity.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love the SAP interior.

Like the chassis tuning & steering feel.

Love the 3.6 engine (but it needs more engaging sonics).

Love the fact that I have the interior space of a 5 series or A6 wagon at a fraction of the price.

Love the BBP paint and how it plays against the chrome accents & grille.

·
Registered
121 Posts
MY wife loves:
1) keyless
2) puddle lights
3) interior light kit
4) seat height
5) white pearl
6) built in NAV
7) built in bluetooth
8) memory seats
9) heated seats
10) electric P-brake
11) dual climate control

I like:
1) all wheel drive
2) memory seats
3) mileage relative to other 4/all wheel drive vehicles (of course, I don't drive like my sis in law which helps).
4) USB music decoder

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love the fact that she came home with me tonight. What a smooth quiet ride! Can't wait to be done with work tomorrow so I can rush home and play with her.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As someone else said...Outback is like a Swiss-Army knife. Pretty good at just about everything. Some of my fav's for 2013 -

The seatbelt base wrapped in leather (Limited model)

New instrument cluster and LCD display

New upgraded suspension and handling improvements

Rear seat-back protectors

New "wood" trim color and design

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
23 Participants
jogosub
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing