Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Just took my trusty 2013 Outback 3.6R Limited in for new tires and an alignment (31k miles).

There were a few aspects that were out of spec, such as the front steer ahead, right front toe, and right rear camber.

However, the shop can't correct the right rear camber. It started at -1.1 degrees, and remains at that after the alignment. The shop told that not to worry because it won't affect tire wear. They also said that if I really wanted, they could order and install an after-market kit that would allow them to get it back into spec.

Thoughts? Will it really not affect tire wear? What do you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Camber, especially in the rear on this car, will not affect tire wear so long as your toe is good. -1.1 is fine. Curious, what is the camber on your left rear?

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,351 Posts
It doesn't really affect tire wear (much) , but it does affect handling. The side that is in spec is going to "push" the *ss end toward the neg side.

I think it is ridiculous that a car these days has (1) alignment bolt in the rear and that is it. Then MFG tolerance differences happen and you get the above...I have (2) of the 2005-2009 models and even tho they have (4) links back there instead of (3) like the 2010 on up...they still have just the one factory alignment bolt. I have added aftermarket camber bushings on both of my cars.

I don't like my car to just be within spec (or close like you) ... I like it set up even side-to-side. That's the whole point of the alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts