Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2013 Outback with a little over 120000 miles on it. So far I'm loving every part of being a Subaru owner although I have noticed something since driving it off the lot. Whenever I am losing acceleration there is a whining noise that comes from what seems to be the passenger side. I don't notice the noise when my foot is on the gas and I'm up to speed, but when I'm trying to accelerate or let off the gas to slow down the car seems to let out a whine or moaning noise. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,210 Posts
From your description, it sounds like you are describing front differential whine. The first thing I would do is change the Diff fluids. (both front and rear)

It is possible with that many miles, you may have to live with some diff whine. It certainly is not a "problem" which needs to be "fixed".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late response, but that's what I'm thinking it could be too. I was also wondering if maybe it could be possible loose bearing? I'm taking it up to my local Subaru dealership later this week to get everything checked out. Thanks so much for responding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts