Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have a 2013 Outback and the drivers side window motor recently started acting weird. It rolls down fine, but when truing to roll it up, it will roll up an inch and then stop. I then have to let off the window button and push it again, in which it only rolls up 1 inch. I have to repeat this over and over until the window finally makes it to the top, an inch at a time. Is this a common issue? If needed replaced, are window motors easy to replace?

Thanks for your help!

Spencer

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was having similar issues with my window as well. Its currently at the dealer getting fixed. The driver side window would roll down fine but would only go up half way and then automatically go back down again. Sometimes I could get the window to go up inch by inch but it eventually crapped out all together. The window got off track somehow and starting grabbing the weather seal. Very frustrating for a 4 year old car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a bummer. Let me know how much the repair costs. I keep hoping it will just fix itself ha, but that aint happenin.

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
granted it's a 2002 but my buttons were going bonkers one time and i started a thread about it. after reflection the window had been partially down and the buttons got wet. after time/days in the hot sun they dried out and at 260,000 miles have never been an issue again.

i'd say it's more likely the switch than the window motor, subaru window motor failure is very rare.

given the rarely and simplicity of replacement i'd look at used switches before paying dealer costs on those. they can be replaced in minutes usually, very simple.

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
ebay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spencer, did you ever resolve this issue? I am currently having the exact same issue on the same model year Outback, so curious what your solution was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
subarino
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing