Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 outback. 3.6 R. Ice silver
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was possible to put the 18 in rims from the Legacy sport onto a '13 outback. I have the stock 17 in. I've Included a picture of what they look like. I think it would look good on my outback. Also this is my first Subaru and my first post.

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
hmmm, good question. those are nice.

wonder what the width & offset are? the stock OB rims are 17x7.0, +48.

i currently have OZ allegerita's (i think) and they're 17x7.5, +48 and i can feel the difference in offset. to maintain the offset ratio after increasing rim width (7.0 --> 7.5), an ideal offset would have been +52. only Prodrive made that config but in 18 which i didn't want. but now, regretting not going 18.

oh well...

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
35 Posts
I have a set of Volk LE37s size 18x7.5 +48 and have no issues at all. My tire size are 18x55x225.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Legacy sport rims are 18x7.5 48 offset. Duckboy, what difference do you notice with the change to 7.5 width?

·
Registered
2013 outback. 3.6 R. Ice silver
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
were you able to just slap the wheels on? Do you need spacers or anything. Sorry if those questions sound dumb. First time i would be doing this. Thanks!

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts

Pt37,

Its not so much about going to 7.5 width but more about not having the correct offset for the 7.5 width. Its moreabout maintaining the same inboard vs outboard rim width ratio relative to the rim mounting interface plane.

When i hit. bump now, I feel a kick back in the steering wheel. On the stock wheels I didnt have that kick back at All. On my wrx I had the same problem when I went to speedlines with the incorrect offset.

Legacy sport rims are 18x7.5 48 offset. Duckboy, what difference do you notice with the change to 7.5 width?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So...Did you do it? I love this wheel.
Looking at a '10 outback, wheels and suspension would be my first step. Oem setup though most likely off a Legacy. Is there a decent wheel/suspension thread I am missing for 4th gen outback?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Legacy Sport Wheels

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you ever used those wheels and how they worked out for you?
The specs on those wheels are 18" x 7.5", 5 Lug, 100mm Bolt Pattern, 38mm Offset. The application is as you said, 2013 Subaru Legacy Sport.

I happen to be in the market for two such wheels if they happen to be laying around in a shed or garage or whatever.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,481 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you ever used those wheels and how they worked out for you?
The specs on those wheels are 18" x 7.5", 5 Lug, 100mm Bolt Pattern, 38mm Offset. The application is as you said, 2013 Subaru Legacy Sport.

I happen to be in the market for two such wheels if they happen to be laying around in a shed or garage or whatever.
problem with digging old threads,

the original poster has not signed in since January 2016.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts