Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 2013 Premium with the middle grade radio and bluetooth. My dealer sales rep set my HTC Evo on the Bluetooth and while the calling works the vocal turn by turn does not come through the radio. Being that the phone indicates that the bluetooth should be playing it the phone is not playing it through its speakers either. Im running Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread right now. Any setting i need to enable to make the vocal turn by turn to play via the car radio?

·
Registered
38 Posts
You mean using google maps navigation and wondering why the turn by turn voice doesnt get transmitted to the radio?

On a different but similar issue, anyone know how to get google music to work via bluetooth? Everytime the phone connects with bluetooth to the car, Google music automatically opens up but don't seem to get the sound through to the car radio. I guess this is a similar problem.

·
Registered
454 Posts
a.) It has to be on the BT-A setting (sounds dumb, but some people expect it to come through ALL the time even when on FM, CD, etc) - just checking

b.) try going to your google maps settings. Turn-by-turn reading worked on my last HTC through BT without any issue. The other thing to do is:
-Get it going turn by turn, and to an area where it should be reading something- then press the hard volume button up. Again, sounds stupid, but you can only adjust the audible volume when it's reading something out to you (or should be)- any other time, and it'll just adjust the ringer volume.

On my current iphone, I have to go to the maps setting area and select audible volume levels for turn-by-turn and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Maps settings do not have anything. I will try the volume thing. I wonder also if my phone may have been turned down to vibrate and it will not play through if my phone is turned down?? Like you said sounds stupid, but may work

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking I may need to turn it on the BT-A on the radio instead of just assuming it will play via the radio and break in on the radio music. I wonder if I have iHeart Radio playing and at the same time the turn by turn directions. I will have to try that

·
Registered
257 Posts
"may need to turn it on the BT-A" This is true. Also there are Two Blue Tooth setups. One for hands free and the other is for BT-A/B. You need to run thru them both. If you have the radio set for BT-A/B you will receive everything your phone streams. When a call comes in the radio switches to hands free

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you have the radio set for BT-A/B you will receive everything your phone streams. When a call comes in the radio switches to hands free
this has been my experience with both android and iPhone connected to a bluetooth capable headunit.

select bluetooth on the headunit and everything streaming will come through... streaming music and voice turns for nav.

if you are listening to other sources... radio, cd or sat, a voice call will interrupt so you can accept the call.

voice for nav, via phone, will not interrupt radio, cd or sat - in my experience :)

joel

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Im a GenX'r but im not as techie as I should be. Im one of those guys who has my wife read manuals for electronics and tell me what I need to do

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks guys! I was having the same problem. I 'assumed' that ALL bluetooth transmissions should interrupt the radio. When I turned the headunit to BT-A, the phone navigation streamed through just fine. Too bad ALL bluetooth transmissions don't interrupt the radio... :( Anyone smart enough to know why or, better yet, how to change that???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
unique
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing