Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just bought a 2.5 Premium with a cold weather package, and have only had it for two weeks and have had to recharge the battery 3 times now. I have checked everything I can,can't from what I can tell, nothing is on. ( No lights, chargers, eft.) That said, I have come out to the garage several times and have heard what sounded like a pump or something going by the rear driver side wheel.

Any ideas what is going on? This is my first Subaru, and am planning on returning it if they can not tell me what is gaining on.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Warranty issue. Dealership has to fix it.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I understand from other posts here that the sound when the car is parked is the fuel system testing the integrity of the fuel tank. the test will start somewhere around 4 or 6 hours after the car is parked, and stop shortly thereafter and I believe, this should occur only once when the car is parked. (I seem to recall someone saying there's mention of this in the Owners Manual, but I haven't seen this confirmed.) It shouldn't be running continuously.

The dealer can check for excess current drain from the battery when the car is parked (in the service bay), and if there is, find the cause. But you can check whether the fuel tank test is running continuously by listening in the garage and report that to the dealer.

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts
I wouldn't waist too much time trying diagnose yourself. Get a video of the noise from your car and take it in to the dealer. I had issues with my OB within the first thousand miles, I didn't think twice before taking it to the shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts