Subaru Outback Forums banner

2013 rough shifting

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AO River 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 3.6 and have noticed that recently (cold winter weather) when slowing down and then speeding up like going into a corner and coming our of it or at a red light that just changes the motor revs when I step on the gas, but the transmission seems to be a second late so when it engages the Outback take off faster than I would want. I read in older Outbacks the rough 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 shifts could be remedied by a re flash. Do others experience the same thing in the 2013 and is there an adjustment that would better co ordinate the shift points?

#2 ·
After experiencing similar symptoms..........

I had the 5-speed automatic in my 2013 Outback reflashed with a transmission learning control procedure (at 207 miles) and also changed the factory (initial fill) transmission fluid with Subaru ATF-HP for much improved results (at 1,950 miles).

#4 ·
Not sure if it applies to 2013's but in 2012 Subaru released a Reflash for the 3.6R's 5AT transmission to address this issue. It is called "Shift Shock"...a "clunk" that occurs when accelerating out of a corner or reapplying the gas pedal after coasting. Do a search, there is discussion on it.

I had it done on my 2012 and it completely fixed the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.