Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my mom just bought a 2013 Outback about a month ago and I am trying to get the satellite radio working. In the owner's manual it says new vehicles come with 3 free months, so I thought I would get it working for her. I went to the SiriusXM website in the manual to activate it. It says I need the radio ID and to get it I must put the radio on channel 0. Unfortunately, when I press the SAT button nothing happens. I thought all of them came satellite radio ready? Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if I'm not doing it correctly.

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited w/ Nav
34 Posts
Hi, my mom just bought a 2013 Outback about a month ago and I am trying to get the satellite radio working. In the owner's manual it says new vehicles come with 3 free months, so I thought I would get it working for her. I went to the SiriusXM website in the manual to activate it. It says I need the radio ID and to get it I must put the radio on channel 0. Unfortunately, when I press the SAT button nothing happens. I thought all of them came satellite radio ready? Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if I'm not doing it correctly.

Thanks
Mine, picked up last Saturday, came with a 4-month trial. I did nothing to activate the Sat. I do not think the dealer did either (they did not have much time from when it was delivered until I picked it up). However, it works.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
See your dealer.

You might not even have the radio installed. The ID should come up when you hit the "SAT" button if you do.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Wagon
3 Posts
2013 Outback Satellite Radio

I just got a 2013 Outback and have had the same experience. I thought it might have satellite radio but wasn't sure. Now it makes sense to me, just because it has a Sat button doesn't mean it has the satellite module installed. They are pretty pricey aftermarket, around $300. Also, I have some anecdotal evidence that if you get the receiver you may have to give up the iPod interface. True or false?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts