Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to hear from any 2013 owners on how they like their Outback....We have had a 2011 and now a 2012, and the dealer wants to cut me a great deal on a 2013....Are there really any big differences? Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 White Outback 2.5 Special Appearance Package
57 Posts
Go for it!

You've had an 11 and now a 12. clearly you are on a trend.

sounds like you already have your mind made up and just need reasurrence that its the right move!

I would say yes 2.5i limited w/ Special appearance Package

DO IT! :2:

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call jrocket, if I do it, it IS in fact a 2.5 limited w/SAP! My mind is not completely made up, but I do like the SAP

·
Registered
2013 White Outback 2.5 Special Appearance Package
57 Posts
I've got the SAP and love it!!

and if subaru is offering you a great trade and u will have the same monthly payment or something your comfortable paying monthly plus the possibility of a better interest rate.

I think it would be a smart trade up.

But def do what you think is best and if you do buy

post pics

Best of luck with your decison :29:

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if I do it, I can just borrow YOUR pics, since all I buy is white!

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
This 13 OB is the nicest car we have owned to include my numerous BMWs. I drove the 12 but the 13 handled much nicer and overall a fantastic vehicle...

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
This might help you choose...

Subaru Outback built after Aug. 2012

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm waiting for him to call me with the $ to boot....he is actually a customer of mine, and when I stopped in today, he basically informed me I would be driving a 13 next week!

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited
9 Posts
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i limited

This is my first Subaru, in fact it's my first " non American car " and I most say I am very happy with it. My wife and I are seniors and I purchased the outback so I could carry some of my wife's items such as a wheel chair etc. My outback has 5400 miles on it and my gas mileage is 27 mpg so far. After seeing how pleased I am with my Outback, I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new car. Before I bought it I test drove the VW sportwagon TDI and the Prius-V and they did not compare to the outback in interior space or Quality.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring / 2019 Tesla M3
626 Posts
Curious to hear from any 2013 owners on how they like their Outback....We have had a 2011 and now a 2012, and the dealer wants to cut me a great deal on a 2013....Are there really any big differences? Thanks!
Do yourself a favor and get the 2.5 CVT model...

There difference isn't crazy compared to the 3.6, and you'll save a bit in gas milage.

(We got a Legacy with the 2.5 CVT a month after the Outback, and it moves.)

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats all I have owned...not interested in the 3.6. If I do it, it will be another clone to my 2011 & 2012....Satin White Limited with Moonroof....this time I would get a SAP which also includes Nav

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited, TBM, with Sun/Nav/Eyesight
54 Posts
Almost 2K n our 2013, and I must say I've come to like it a lot more than I ever thought. I'm still waiting to see the MPG improve a little bit, but otherwise it's a joy to drive. No race car by any means, but it's a comfortable and solid ride. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
457 Posts
If you have money to keep throwing away, I say go for it :)

I thought long and hard about trading my 12 in on a 2013 with SAP, however I'd rather just get this one paid off and utilize the funds for something else. Best of luck and let us know what you come up with

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thats all I have owned...not interested in the 3.6. If I do it, it will be another clone to my 2011 & 2012....Satin White Limited with Moonroof....this time I would get a SAP which also includes Nav
Great choice, always looked stellar on my 07 WRX and sometimes wish I would've went with it on the OB :29:

·
Registered
457 Posts
This is my first Subaru, in fact it's my first " non American car " and I most say I am very happy with it. My wife and I are seniors and I purchased the outback so I could carry some of my wife's items such as a wheel chair etc. My outback has 5400 miles on it and my gas mileage is 27 mpg so far. After seeing how pleased I am with my Outback, I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new car. Before I bought it I test drove the VW sportwagon TDI and the Prius-V and they did not compare to the outback in interior space or Quality.
I will say the Sportwagen's have supremely better interior materials and fit/finish (I owned a 2011 Golf, same interior minus the leatherette seats), however you absolutely made the right call for more space - the Outback beats it easily in terms of passenger and cargo space. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,975 Posts
Variety is the spice of life. Couldn't imagine spending so much money buying 3 almost identical cars in as many years.

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited, 2.5 w/Moonroof
163 Posts
Before I bought it I test drove the VW sportwagon TDI and the Prius-V and they did not compare to the outback in interior space or Quality.
oldbill, I absolutely agree the OB wins hands down on space over the VW TDI wagon... A friend of mine at work also laments his TDI purchase with diesel prices and trips to the service department for stupid stuff that the Germans think is funny I guess. But the Prius V wagon is definitely significantly larger inside both in rear seat and cargo volume I'm afraid. My wife's ride is a V "Two" model and she loves it and I have to say I'm jealous of the gas mileage and overall utility of the "V". The base model "V" doesn't have nearly the plush options my OB Limited does, but it comes standard with touch screen radio/bluetooth/iPod integration, push button start and the seating reclines and slides. The OB can't come close at equivalent trim level. But, whenever we go on a trip off road or even remotely rough weather, or need to pick up something bulky with the roof rack, the OB wins hands down. And for the price, the OB Limited 2.5i is a bargain compared to a similar "V". Respectfully submitted.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts