Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I just purchased this vehicle from Prestige Subaru at NJ, and have been experiencing this buzzing noise from the driver's side dashboard. Some one suggested it is a some sort of wire under the dashboard vibrating against the hard plastic in it. I already brought it to dealer once and they claimed they fixed it, which is not the case. So Please help, what can I do to get dealer to fix the problem, or what is the problem? Thanks for all your help!

The link below will direct you to the youtube video I made about what the noise is like during actual driving.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

·
Registered
Mostly stock 2012 6MT.
665 Posts
Pull it apart, and add some double sided tape to dampen vibrations? Also, by pulling it apart you might find something that didn't get tightened all the way in the factory.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull it apart, and add some double sided tape to dampen vibrations? Also, by pulling it apart you might find something that didn't get tightened all the way in the factory.
Hm, I was thinking about how I can pull it apart? does it have to be the whole panel?

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
If the dealer claims it is fixed take them for a test ride and have them explain what they did if the noise is plainly still evident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts