Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a rattle over small bumps and it has been annoying me. I recently replaced my front stabilizer bar bushings and endlinks and still get this noise. My front lower control arm bushings seem dry rotted/garbage and i’m thinking it’s time to replace so i’m going to be replacing both front lower control arms. Can anyone give me a personal opinion on which front lower control arms they favor. I replaced my endlinks with moog endlinks and I am very satisfied with them, I was thinking of going to moog for the lower control arm what do you guys think? I have attached an image of what my bushings look like too.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
591 Posts
Let me know if that fixes your problem, I have the same.

I replaced the sway bar bushings and a steering box assembly spring that was another suspect but it didn’t stop the rattling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know if that fixes your problem, I have the same.

I replaced the sway bar bushings and a steering box assembly spring that was another suspect but it didn’t stop the rattling.
I am almost 100% this is the culprit. I will let you know as soon as I replace. I should be ordering my parts within the next day or two i’m leaning towards the moog lower control arms I just want to see if anyone has a better opinion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I finally replaced both lower control arms. I went with the mevotech lower control arm assembly. The rattle I was getting is not coming from the lower control arms at all but, it was probably a good idea to do them. I found the culprit of the rattle and it’s my drivers side CV axel and I was notified to not go aftermarket stick with the subaru parts for this one. The lower control arm repair was ridiculous and the amount of time to do them was greatly increased due to the ball joint being rusted to all **** (mind you my car is a 2013). Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts