Subaru Outback Forums banner

2013 Suspension

9321 37
I owned 2012 Outback 6MT and traded in for a brand new 2013 Subaru Outback Premium CVT with Harmon, All Weather Package and Moonroof and I have to say I love everything about the car except how stiff the suspension is. The car is very hard even on relatively flat and clean pavements, you feel every single bump. Yes, someone might argue that it handles better but this is more of a family and not a performance car...

Do any of you know if there are any ways to soften suspension? Are shocks and springs compatible from Outback 2012? Any other ideas? Thanks
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
571 Posts
I'm sorry you are feeling uncomfortable in the 2013. I found the same thing in the 2012 when I test drove it. When driving the 2012 it felt as though I was driving a 1980's Caprice. It floated down the road and had quite a bit of body roll. I then drove the 2013. It felt firmly planted and smooth. I agree that if you drive on a gravel road or uneven pavement a lot it would get old after a while. Try it out on an interstate and you will love it. The car is truly a good road car. I'm guessing that you can soften it up a little. Some people have spoken about the Conti tires being an issue (I dont mind them), but you may try exchanging for some Michelin brand tires or "tyres" as the europeans call them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.