Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading through the manual, there appear to be several things that can be configured. Does anyone know how to do this or will I have to consult the Subaru dealer?

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please clarify what adjustments you are referring to.
Two items that I am particularly interested in are:
1) decouple the clock from the NAV time source (pg 3-32)
2) modify the keyless system so that all doors unlock when the driver's door is opened (pg 2-17)

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Ya, those are dealer items.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
My dealer told me they do the seatbelt chime for free. Granted the service rep can do it during a service check-in but maybe they would do the others too. Worth asking IMO. I too would like to unlock all four doors with the push-button on the front outside door handles. (SAP equipped)

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Watch out for those dealers ... they charge for oil plug washer replacement even if you have the Fumoto Quick Valve permanently installed ... scrutinize every invoice that you get to pay! I was once charged for windshield washer re-fill and I caught them with their pants down. I put a small scotch tape on refill cap. When I picked up the car, the scotch tape was intact. I asked them how did they refill windshield washer tank without removing the cap. I was then "escalated" to the service manager, etc,etc, blah, blah, blah....

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
My dealer told me they do the seatbelt chime for free. Granted the service rep can do it during a service check-in but maybe they would do the others too. Worth asking IMO. I too would like to unlock all four doors with the push-button on the front outside door handles. (SAP equipped)
Seat belt chime is on here some where but it is hard to get right.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
Seat belt chime is on here some where but it is hard to get right.
After doing it twice for myself and 2-3 times for others I can do that one blindfolded.;)

·
Registered
2013 outback SAP
84 Posts
I had them change the setting to unlock all doors when grabbing the drivers door handle at my first service appt. They did it for free and I love it, definately a big improvement for someone with kids.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer configured settings

My gripe on this is that with the touch screen on the GPS/Audio/phone... console, they could have provided an interface to allow the owner to makes these changes without having to deal with the dealer.

I have already mentioned this (among other things) to Subaru.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts