Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2014 Forester will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show, November 30 - December 9, 2012. Stop by the Subaru display in the South Hall. You won't want to miss this one!

Also, a new Forester Able mobile app will soon be released as well.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts

2014 Forester will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show, November 30 - December 9, 2012. Stop by the Subaru display in the South Hall. You won't want to miss this one!

Also, a new Forester Able mobile app will soon be released as well.
Is it just re-skinned 2013 model?

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
a forester is an impreza with a higher roofline and taller shocks. there is a new impreza. the '13 foresters were based on the last generation impreza

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a forester is an impreza with a higher roofline and taller shocks. there is a new impreza. the '13 foresters were based on the last generation impreza
Right, although this new one reminds me more of a RAV4 than an Impreza, more so than the current model, which might be where the Crosstrek segment fills the white space between the Forester and Outback.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,179 Posts
is it me or are all the Subaru's starting to look the same?
New Outbacks look kinda like Tribecas.... New Foresters look kinda like Outbacks.
So do the Imprezas. Its subtle but I feel like 10 years ago, they all looked a bit more distinct.

BTW, this is NOT a complaint.

edit: wonder if they will do the same new purchase coupon thing they did up in the Washington auto show?
I am going to try to go to the LA auto show at least to check out Subaru for a bit. I havent been to an auto show since
about 1990. Remember it was fun though - even for a non car guy like me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it me or are all the Subaru's starting to look the same?
New Outbacks look kinda like Tribecas.... New Foresters look kinda like Outbacks.
So do the Imprezas. Its subtle but I feel like 10 years ago, they all looked a bit more distinct.

BTW, this is NOT a complaint.

edit: wonder if they will do the same new purchase coupon thing they did up in the Washington auto show?
I am going to try to go to the LA auto show at least to check out Subaru for a bit. I havent been to an auto show since
about 1990. Remember it was fun though - even for a non car guy like me.
Well, Subaru only has 2 platforms: compact car (Impreza) made in Japan and midsize (Legacy) thats made here in the US. The differences aren't all that noticeable, but can be seen in the small details. I'm sure the reason for that boils down to money, like how many cars they can sell per year and also customer feedback.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it just re-skinned 2013 model?
I understand it gets the CVT. Although much of the automotive press seems to dislike CVT's in general, I find it gets power to the ground much more effectively than the old Forester 4 speed automatic. I have CVT's in my 2010 Outback and in my 2013 Impreza. Drove Foresters before buying each of these cars and the Foresters just felt underpowered with the 4 speed auto.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
Watch the Live Unveiling from the LA Auto Show

The all-new 2014 Forester. Versatility unveiled.

Los Angeles Auto Show, November 28.

The all-new 2014 Subaru Forester is designed to go places, to get things done and to live life. So naturally, we're unveiling it at the Los Angeles Auto Show and everywhere it loves to go.

The all-new Forester combines the right-sized power, control, and versatility with a greener, more fuel-efficient design. It's a Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle[1] that's built in a zero-landfill plant, comes with more cargo room and an available power rear gate. All that, plus road-gripping Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and the balance of the legendary SUBARU BOXER® engine.

It's the same Forester owners have grown to love, only better. Waiting to be unveiled wherever you love to go.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback Premium when released
6 Posts
anybody know the available colors? Im lovin the Desert Kahki of the XV!

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
Venetian Red Pearl, Brillant Bronze Pearl, and a Jasmine green will be new offerings for the '14MY Forester.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts