Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 ob limited
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got in my car and the radio wasn't working on my normal station. Tried other stations and some work and some don't. Got home and checked my normal station and it was transmitting. Has anyone ever had this issue?

·
Registered
14 ob limited
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought I would post what I think may be the problem. Yesterday had the car parked in the garage and after starting and leaving everything worked. So I think the battery may be going bad, will see today after car is parked outside in the below 20 deg weather.

I find it odd that some stations would work and some not, also notice when rear defroster was turned on the radio reception went down.

Does anyone know it the TSB for turning up alternator is applicable to the H3.6?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
74 Posts
Does not sound like voltage to me - your radio's antenna may be at fault. The antenna is part of the back window and the metallic traces can be damaged.

Or the connection from the window grid to the antenna cable became loose or disconnected.

Drive with the tailgate up? Haul anything that bumped the inside of the window?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
74 Posts
Isn't the antenna on the roof of the 2014?
There is an antenna up there, but it's strictly for XM Satellite radio. The AM/FM is in the window. There is an booster amplifier for the AM/FM, it may be malfunctioning. Booster amplifier lives under the molding above the window.

I removed my plastic shark fin XM antenna and repurposed the hole with a ham radio antenna. AM/FM Radio working fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 ob limited
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

I test my battery with a Midtronics tester and it is bad, so I changed it and will see what happens.

This antenna amplifier does use power correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts