Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to hear a rattling sound from under neath the car 2014 outback 2.5i. Took it to Subaru dealer he said its the resonator. He also said it was not covered because even though its making a horrible rattle sound its not broken and they don't repair for noises under warranty. I said if the resonator never made that sound the first three years then its broken. He said the resonator is still doing the job its designed for so its really not broken, its just making a noise from something inside the resonator. hmmmm So I'm asking how many of you have heard of this and am I getting hoodwinked with having to pay $395 to replace the whole assembly. Would love some help on this one.thanks

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Send Subaru HQ an email. Tell them what tge dealer said give them your vin and the dealer name. Id bet money Subaru in a week or so tells you to take your car in so the dealer can do a warranty repair.

Your dealer is blowing smoke up your back side. Resinator even by their admision is broken very odd failure ie warranty item. Dealers loose shop time money on warranty work so your getting the BS line for we cant afford to loose $230 per hour dealer service package work on fake mileage based services aka the $500 20k service.

No seriously your dealer is jerking ya around.

Dont say another word to the dealer. Just email Subaru HQ with your details and ask how your supose to get your car repaired when the dealer says they dont fix flawed parts via warranty etc. be nice about it. Subaru the Company is well known for doing the right thing. The 3rd party dealers? Its a crap shoot your dealer sounds like a classic only if we get rich fixing it type.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,368 Posts
PZEV car? Exhaust system is part of the emissions warranty, should have coverage for a long time yet...

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Oh and when Subaru tells them to fix it? Check their work. The dealer wont be real thrilled. Kinda like worrying about the waiter spitting in your food because you had to ask 4 times for waters to be brought to the table ;-)

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Make sure the air filter box was closed correctly no missed catches on rhe bottom etc. The air box left open can result in a very noisy intake under heavy throttle.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
2,174 Posts
I would think maybe this was actually a loosening heat shield. Is it something that happens at a specific RPM? My 09 Leg was notorious for crazy vibes and sound at 1600 rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts