Subaru Outback Forums banner

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited Mileage

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  AWD 2014 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I was so happy with my Outback MPG. 22 - 24 city/28-30 highway. Just a few months ago boom⚡-15-17 city/22-24 highway. What happens? Any solutions people?

#3 ·
Check your battery and grounding.

How many miles on the car and when did the spark plugs get replaced last?
It's only 83000 miles. I'm not sure about the spark plugs. But I believe this car has been checked regularly in Kanzas because was sticker on the windscreen about next service in March 2022. But I planing replace them in the near future. Battery is new. Energizer. Need to check grounding then.

#5 ·
The ethanol content in your gas may be higher than advertised.... Have you consistently used the same location for gas through this period? If so, might try a different location. Or the next time you're filling up - bring a gas can and put aside a little sample to do your own ethanol % test: How to test the alcohol content of gasoline | Delphi Auto Parts

Also might get some improvement by running a good PEA injector cleaner through the system. Subaru even has its own PEA additive, but a good bottle of concentrated Techron, Red Line SI-1, or 3M Max Strength Fuel System cleaner will also work. Obviously if your injectors are already clean this will do very little, but it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.