Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the award for putting the biggest windows on a small car goes to....
The rear windows in the Subaru Outback are pretty stout. You roll those down and its like the cargo hold doors of a Super Star Destroyer!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Love the Opera windows. Maybe it will also come with a Landau top and disco music preloaded in the iPod.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They will sell at least 7 of them...

Another coupe, really??? Somewhere a junior marketing type ranted to his boss that "all our competitors have 2-door sports cars so I want one".

Subaru has catered to smart sports car shoppers for years because they didn't have endless coffers to fund low volume cars. I don't get trying to "out BMW" other brands with a 2-door car when I can barely find WRX's on the dealer lots currently and they are going to need to upgrade the WRX to the new Impreza platform. Sure would be nice to focus on quality of a few cars instead of trying to use Toyota's capital to build more models with less content... Did anyone see if Subaru confirmed when they'll move the 4-door WRX to the 2012 Impreza platform?

·
Registered
184 Posts
From that angle, the test mule looks a lot like the old BMW 318 ti's. Maybe they're reaching back to the spirit of the RS25 with this two door body style, but with a turbo (if the WRX rumor is even true). Is it redundant to the BRZ? Probably not, since the BRZ is a naturally aspirated RWD sports car. Will it start pushing Subaru into the "Too Many Models" territory like edawg said? Probably.

And +1 for big windows. It makes a car look compact and planted. Look at a Ford Fiesta 5 door - its rising door sill makes it look constipated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't end up looking like a 1989 Plymouth Sundance. Say it ain't so joe. Just kidding but that sure is good camo job[/QUOTE]

i would be careful with that saying cause you know that dodge brought back the dart from the dead... but i sure miss that shelby omni glh-s... wish they brought that one back.... maybe not...lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully they dont start making a habit of using Toyota fuel injection! The BRZ and FR-S are struggling right now. Its not because of Subaru, its because of Toyota!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
hiker74
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing