Subaru Outback Forums banner

2015 2.5 Valve Cover bolt Dimensions?

7K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  owenslee 
#1 ·
Can anyone provide the body diameter/dimensions of the Valve cover bolt # 808206200 used on the 2015 and newer 2.5 engine?

The only dimensions provided by Subaru are 6mm x 20mm x 18mm...but I need the body diameter under the bolt head.

A photo would be ideal but the body dimensions should work.

Thanks.

#2 ·
The only dimensions provided by Subaru are 6mm x 20mm x 18mm...but I need the body diameter under the bolt head.
That nomenclature indicates a 6mm (0.236 inch) body/thread diameter by 20mm grip length. I don't recognize the 18mm ... possibly the thread length.

#3 ·
That nomenclature indicates a 6mm (0.236 inch) body diameter by 20mm grip length. The 18mm is probably thread length.
On earlier Valve cover bolts # 800606710 they are described as 6 x 37 x 10.
The 6mm is the thread diameter. The 37mm is the grip diameter and the 10mm is the body diameter of the shoulder.

I am trying to determine if that is similar on the 808206200 bolt. I don't know if it has a shoulder as well...posibly of 18mm diamter. ??

#5 ·
This is what the earlier bolt # 800606710 looks like. Perhaps the 37 mm is the length of the shoulder.?

I'm trying to determine if the newer # 808206200 valve cover bolt (6 x 20 x 18) is similar having a shoulder...and if so...what the diamter of that shoulder is.

Attachments

#6 ·
If it's a shoulder bolt/screw, all bets are off. The Subaru part may very well be non-standard.

I'm not a professional machinist, and we've reached the limits of my knowledge on this subject, so I won't speculate any further.

#10 ·
They cost 72 pennies.

Order online, if a few dollars shipping bothers you call a few dealers and ask if they can mail or make deliveries to shops close to you. Most dealers have runners that run parts to various shops. This is all a lot of work to save 72 cents or even a few dollars shipping.

#11 ·
They cost 72 pennies.

Order online, if a few dollars shipping bothers you call a few dealers and ask if they can mail or make deliveries to shops close to you. Most dealers have runners that run parts to various shops. This is all a lot of work to save 72 cents or even a few dollars shipping.
Yes..I am aware of the minimal cost.
The Subaru dealers in St. Louis that I contacted do not deliver to rural areas 80 miles away. Either you drive 160 miles round trip for a $0.72 bolt or you pay a flat fee of at least $7 for a bolt that I will never use.

This information is not needed for me. I don't own a 2015 Subaru.
I am doing this to help an owner in WI with a 2015 2.5 to help him resolve an oil leak. He has a dealer 45 mins from him and is going to try to buy a bolt and send me the dimensions.

I guess the old adage that "no good deed goes unpunished" applies... when you catch flak for trying to help someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.