Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took our outback in for service with the complaint of a lot of noise, which I said could be either tire noise or bearing. Dealership said the rear right bearing needed to be replaced so I had it replaced (After reading this forum I've found out this is a common failure for outbacks). When I went in to pick up the vehicle they told me the ABS sensor was on when they pulled it into the shop and is still on after the bearing replacement. The ABS light has never been on in the 15 months I've owned the car and wasn't on when I drove it to the dealership that day. The noise I was hearing did not improve at all and was told after the service was done that it is tire noise. They said to drive the car for a few days and if the ABS light doesn't go off to book an appointment to have a new sensor installed at the cost of $150.

Is the sensor part of the wheel bearing and is it the new bearing that is damaged? Anybody have experience with the bearing/sensor?

This is my first Subaru and probably my last. I've had many issues and have been disapointed in two dealerships (one we bought from and this one that replaced the bearing).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts