Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 with 25k on it, and noticed that the drivers side back seat recline is stuck all the way back. I can fold the seat down, but the mechanism to chose between the 3 recline positions is broken. The pull lever is much looser than the one on the functioning passenger side.

I've gently pulled on the metal cable itself in case it was just too loose to no avail.

How hard is to get to this mechanism to find the fault? I searched online but can't find where anyone else has had this happen.

Thank you to anyone who can assist!

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,605 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see the original poster had a problem with driver's seat. Ours is the passenger seat, behind the driver's seat. I looked through the other manuals available at the link you sent but do not see the one for the reclining lever - which isn't part of the seat itself but the part of the bench that remains upright when seat moves. I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow but it's out of warranty so I'm not looking forward to the bill if it's a simple fix.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,605 Posts
I see the original poster had a problem with driver's seat. Ours is the passenger seat, behind the driver's seat. I looked through the other manuals available at the link you sent but do not see the one for the reclining lever - which isn't part of the seat itself but the part of the bench that remains upright when seat moves. I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow but it's out of warranty so I'm not looking forward to the bill if it's a simple fix.
A day late, but part 33 in the inset box here? https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com...gas-engine/body-cat/rear-seat-components-scat
Not real obvious how it works, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts