Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sept. 29, I got the following text from my local Subaru Dealership:

"Hello this is ____ from Subaru Service just calling to inform you your vehicle currently has an open recall for the catalytic converter replacement if you can give us a call at xxx.xxx.xxxx will gladly get that taken care of. Thank you and have a great day...."

Now I have several issues with this dealership. I suspect them of padding estimates for service and recommending service that they have already done for my vehicle in the 9 months since I have owned this car. It's been among the top 3 vehicle purchases I've made in my life. I bought it in January from CarMax and was very happy with my purchase and the warranty service I've received from CarMax (full disclosure, I work for CarMax and have for just over a year now).

I wonder if anyone else has had the same call from their local dealership. Have you had the repair done? Any advice/recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i and a 2018 3.6R
89 Posts
I just had this recall done on my 2015 with a 2.5. No more exhaust smell floating around the car when sitting at idle. It only them about 90 minutes to do the work and most of that time was letting the exhaust cool off a little before they handled it. It is a legit recall and well worth the trip to the dealership (can't believe I just said that).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had this recall done on my 2015 with a 2.5. No more exhaust smell floating around the car when sitting at idle. It only them about 90 minutes to do the work and most of that time was letting the exhaust cool off a little before they handled it. It is a legit recall and well worth the trip to the dealership (can't believe I just said that).
Thank you so much. I'll make my appointment today!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts