Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you almost buy the Honda Crosstour over the Outback? The Crosstour made my decision difficult back in 2015. Then, I waited a few years to purchase and realized Honda stopped making the Crosstour! That made my decision much easier.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru OB Premium
260 Posts
We considered a Honda CRV but honestly the ride quality and road noise was noticeably worse than the Outback

I know a lot of people comment that the CRV interior feels nicer but I don't understand that either, because the models we could afford with similar specs to the OB didn't feel any better than my Premium. My wifes 2015 Honda Fit might be the most uncomfortable car I've ever rode in, so until Honda steps up their comfort game I don't see myself looking at their cars for a while.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,487 Posts
had a couple crosstour and venza discussions here.

problem is finding one in the wild. expensive for what you get, and in limited production.

____

the wedge hatch:

crosstours had the problem the hatch cutting into the rear of the car.
(so no big box loading ...fridges/ washing machines that a outback or forester can swallow with ease),.

.. that style of car seems to sell in europe but not in the USA.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
856 Posts
IMO, crosstour = UGLY

Watch any youtube video's about AWD, the Honda can't keep up with Subaru's AWD. I used to be a Honda guy back in the 80's and 90's till I got my 98 Legacy GT wagon.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
552 Posts
Honda's good AWD is SH-AWD, but can be found in only some Acuras now, way outside of Legacy/Outback league.
Looks like all these car-like wagons with a low clearance have terrible sales and eventually die off.

·
Registered
2016 WRX, 2017 BRZ, 2017 Legacy
365 Posts
We looked at the Crosstour and to major issues:

1. Terrible back seat
2. Shock towers intrude into the cargo area way too far

·
Registered
451 Posts
I cross shopped both of these.

The interior cargo space was much less usable in both the crosstour and the venza.

Also, if you like eyesight like many Subaru owners do, there isn't anything that comes close in these older generation competitors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts