Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the dealer replaces the Fujitsu head unit does it come with an updated sd map card? Second question is does it come with the firmware/software already updated?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6 Limited
111 Posts
If the dealer replaces the Fujitsu head unit does it come with an updated sd map card? Second question is does it come with the firmware/software already updated?
No, Fujitsu sends head units without SD cards.
Dealer puts current into new headunit and registers new head unit with XM/Sirius.
Customers are required to update their own cards.
Exchange units from Fujitsu/Clarion/etc should have updated software when they arrive at dealers, but dealers can quickly scan and check that during swap out for you.

Reactions: gstope

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Fujitsu sends head units without SD cards.
Dealer puts current into new headunit and registers new head unit with XM/Sirius.
Customers are required to update their own cards.
Exchange units from Fujitsu/Clarion/etc should have updated software when they arrive at dealers, but dealers can quickly scan and check that during swap out for you.
Thanks for the info.

My dealer wants to change out the head unit and i believe they just have not completed the update properly as the navigation and turn displays no longer show up on the dash display. All that I read online indicates the 2nd part of the update did not install correctly. After two attempts he mentioned that the next step is to change the head unit but I am not sure there is any benefit in letting them change the head unit. Probably time to either attempt myself or head to another dealer.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,537 Posts
My dealer wants to change out the head unit and i believe they just have not completed the update properly as the navigation and turn displays no longer show up on the dash display. All that I read online indicates the 2nd part of the update did not install correctly. After two attempts he mentioned that the next step is to change the head unit ...
Are you saying that the problems started when the dealer tried to update the head unit firmware? (If so, you didn't state that previously.) The dealer (or you) can easily confirm the firmware revision levels currently installed in your head unit. Look at the next to last step (Step 5, page 19) in the instructions from TSB 15-205-16. From the symptoms you describe, it sounds like the firmware from USB Drive 2 failed to install correctly. If you're at all competent technically, you can easily do it yourself; there is an entire thread on this forum devoted to the topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts