Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 premium
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that a 2015 Outback 2.5 has the same brake pads and rotors as the 2015 Outback 3.6R (and Tribeca B9)? 12.4 inch rotors on the 3.6R?

Rotors and pads are worn out, and I want a new setup with increased cold brake pad friction - to increase initial brake pedal response. Slotted discs will also keep the pads in a better shape. Try googling performance brakes for a 2.5, and you get NIL results - but 3.6R gives a wealth of options. Found a nicely priced 3.6R kit from Stoptech.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
Cars101 2015 Outback 2.5 Brakes
4 wheel, 4 channel anti-lock power disc brakes
Electronic parking brake with Hill Holder function, (new on 2010 models)
new on 2015 2.5 models ventilated front and rear discs on 2.5i models (previously on 3.6 models)
new on 2015 2.5 models larger 12.4" front discs, 11.8" rear discs (previously on 3.6 models)

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,447 Posts
Just go to Rock Auto and compare PN for your applications or let the seller confirm.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 premium
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just go to Rock Auto and compare PN for your applications or let the seller confirm.
Thanks, verified compatibilty (at least part numbers) using this site! Outback 2015 2.5 uses the same brakes as the 3.6, and also the 2015 WRX - and the Subaru B9 tribeca. I ordered a Stop Tech Axle pack for the B9, and it was a perfect fit. Nice improvement in braking response, and I hope the slots will prevent the pads from glazing as on stock setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 ISM Outback LTD, 20mm RSB, Draw-Tite 76227 Hitch
96 Posts
Thanks, verified compatibilty (at least part numbers) using this site! Outback 2015 2.5 uses the same brakes as the 3.6, and also the 2015 WRX - and the Subaru B9 tribeca. I ordered a Stop Tech Axle pack for the B9, and it was a perfect fit. Nice improvement in braking response, and I hope the slots will prevent the pads from glazing as on stock setup.
Those look awesome! Though did you only change the rotors for the front axle? I'm finding that the matching rear rotors for the Tribeca aren't showing up under the Gen 5 Outback on Rock Auto. Was this the case for you?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 premium
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those look awesome! Though did you only change the rotors for the front axle? I'm finding that the matching rear rotors for the Tribeca aren't showing up under the Gen 5 Outback on Rock Auto. Was this the case for you?
It could be that the Outback has different rear brakes than the Tribeca. I didn't look for the rears, as they don't wear out at the same rate.
Driving on salted roads in winter cause the front brake pads to seize in the caliper, wearing out the pads and rotors faster than normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts