Outback factory ordered - picked up 2/21 at 11 miles. 1500miles on it.
I don't know if it is me or something is up with the brakes of OB.
- When I am coming to a stop from a high speed, the brake pedal feels nice and solid.
- Can effortlessly stop the car with very little movement of the brake pedal
Starting from standstill
- When coming to a stop on a long downhill steep slope, by the time I reach the stop sign, brake pedal is half way in and I feel like I don't have enough brake left to stop the car
- At this point, if I push the pedal hard enough, the car will stop but feels like a lot of effort
- During this process, if I let go the pedal slightly, and apply brakes again, I have really good braking - quite effortless
In general, if I let go the brake pedal and apply again, I have much better braking. But I don't feel this way in my 2000 Honda Accord.
- Yesterday for the first time, I put car in reverse within 5 seconds of starting, and it started to move
- BUT when I applied brakes they felt like there was not enough pressure to stop the car! Kinda scary.
What do you guys think could be the problem? I do need to see a dealer for checking it,but would like to research it before I go.
I am feeling quite down that a brand new car is having such problems. :|