Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 2.5
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Outback approx 35,000 Miles, what kind of mileage do most users get out of front brake pads???

Experience with Chevy truck 70,000 miles out of front pads.

New to Subaru’s

Thanks. :smile2:

·
Registered
'15 OB 2.5i, A/T G015's, grey Konig Runlite's, Rally Innovations Light Bar w/Hella Driving Lights
159 Posts
At 58,000 my wife's rear brakes started making that grinding sound. They were down to 0% pad left and the Squealers were broken off. The front pads had maybe 40% left.it's my understanding that it's not uncommon for this vehicle to go through rear pads faster than front pads. That was certainly the case with our car.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5-slow Limited
68 Posts
2015 outback approx 35,000 miles, what kind of mileage do most users get out of front brake pads???

Experience with chevy truck 70,000 miles out of front pads.

New to subaru’s

thanks. :smile2:

15' outback with 47k is at about 40% rear 80% front tread life. Since about 35k starting to wobble under 25-50% braking force... Wobble feeling
16' legacy with 57k was 10% rear and 50% front. Since 32k started to wobble, stealership turned down the rotors in rear, was better till 50k... Then got bad... At 57k they are needing replacing asap...

All caps because that's who i write at work for dimensions and details at work lol

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
2015 Outback approx 35,000 Miles, what kind of mileage do most users get out of front brake pads???

Experience with Chevy truck 70,000 miles out of front pads.

New to Subaru’s

Thanks. :smile2:
newer subarus can tend to wear the rear pads faster (that didn't used to be the case)

mileage is highly variable. environment, driver, conditions, use, etc, but it's not surprising to see someone get 30,000 and someone else get 70,000 out of front Subaru brakes. i would say somewhere around 40k is average but i live in mountain curvy twisty areas where subaru's get actually used like socks in the winter snow/ice/slush poorly maintained roads.

one could guess you'll lean towards the high end with your 70k comment on the chevy but that's a different vehicle, did you move, did you get a new job or change travel habits, does anyone else drive the vehicle...city/highyway/rural/flat/mountain are you downshifting towing postal driver curvy roads or straight.....

you can google it.

·
Registered
1993 Loyalle/Manual, 2004 Outback 2.5/Manual, 2009 Outback Limited 2.5/Auto, 2015 Outback Limited 2.5
48 Posts
All of these posts started to concern me, so I decided to check out my brakes. 2015 Outback Limited 2.5. 68,000 miles. Rear pads 60% worn, so about 20% left before replacement was needed. I put on new pads. Fronts had 40% wear (measured), so 40% left before replacement needed. I did not replace them. All rotors looked great, with almost no wear ridge and only some rust. I judged they will easily last to 120kish miles when I will do a full brake replacement. The Outback lives with us in Des Moines IA. Some towing with a pop up camper and an enclosed 4 wheeler trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts