Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6 Touring
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this noise for some time, it happens when the CVT temp warns up and rolling stop (foot off gas penal and brake) to go below 24 km/hr.

here is the video:
https://goo.gl/photos/Bep5QHMhZvUFF6uS6

You must be in a relatively quiet environment and turn up the volume to hear it. And pay attention when is just going below 24 km/hr.

I start noticing this at around 51,000 km-ish.

My friend suggest me to change out the CVT fluid.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Not really hearing anything. 60,000 miles is when the cvt fluid gets its first inspection or typically just do the drain fill given its the same process.

The serpentine belt and tensioner can get noisy in that speed range I know mine did. It was fine otherwise. I replaced it and the belt at 90,000 miles.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
1,929 Posts
If you're in Canada, you have a fluid change interval at 100,000 kilometers, I believe. The inspection, at least in the USA, is just to check the CVT for any leaks. They do not open an examine the fluid itself (per a TechTIPS newsletter) unless there's an issue or they're already in the CVT doing something else (repairing torque converter, etc.)

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Mine does the same thing< I chalked it up to CVT normal stuff. IDK> Did you have any luck figuring it out?
My '15 OB does it as did my wife's '14 Forester and now her '17 Forester. I think they pretty much all do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts