Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if "Hey Siri" will work with the HK Premium Infotainment System with Nav on a 2015 Outback? I've done the updates, but a long press on the speak button does nothing......

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
Do a Search....a lot of posted info.

Search "SIRI"
Search "Hey SIRI"

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went thru lots of post, no real answers. Just hoping for a simple yes or no...... 2015 Outback..... Hey Siri??? Does anybodys button on the steering wheel work?

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium
188 Posts
Went thru lots of post, no real answers. Just hoping for a simple yes or no...... 2015 Outback..... Hey Siri??? Does anybodys button on the steering wheel work?
Simple answer: No. Not on a 2015.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2015 3.6R Outback
589 Posts
I have a 2015 OB Limited and "Hey Siri" works for me. First, make sure that on your iPhone SETTINGS/SIRI/ALLOW "HEY SIRI" is on. Then use one of the USB ports to connect your iPhone via a Lightning cable. From what I have read, if the iPhone is not connected on 2015 OBs via USB cable, "Hey Siri" will not work. The 2018 OBs with Carplay should support "Hey Siri" simply by pressing the Voice Command button on the steering wheel.

I usually only use "Hey Siri" for map directions and for selecting music from my iPhone. But even then, Siri sometimes misunderstands what I want and I have to repeat my request.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts