Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Outback that has no Homelink transmitter. I looked up the part number and ordered a Homelink rearview mirror for the correct model year. When I opened up the headliner, there was no receptacle to plug the mirror into. I found some videos on Youtube for a 2012 that showed an existing receptacle was wrapped in plastic ready for installation. Is this something that has changed with the 2015?

Does anyone know if there is a way to plug in the Homelink mirror transmitter to a 2015 Outback Limited?

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,500 Posts
The wiring diagrams don't call out Homelink-equipped mirrors explicitly, but do show different plugs for mirrors without and with anti-glare. Are your original and replacement mirrors different in that regard?

The mirror without anti-glare uses 4 pins of 5-pin connector R139. Pin 3 of R139 is powered in Acc position through cabin FB Fuse #17.

The mirror with anti-glare uses 6 pins of 10-pin connector R416. Pin 6 of R416 is powered in Ign position through FB Fuse #19 and Pin 10 is always hot through FB Fuse #26.

I don't know if both connectors are installed in all the cars or not. Here's a location diagram that may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,500 Posts
Homelink is always powered. I just checked; it works without the key in the ignition, so you need a plug with that always-hot connection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts