Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited (Venetian Red)
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my jeans killed the vinyl which started ripping a few thousand miles after my warranty expired, it's pretty bad right now...

The part item # 64140AL09EVH.

I can get it locally for $130 but they want to charge me $200 to install it.

Is this worth it or is this something that I could easily do myself?

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,161 Posts
Check with a local independent auto upholstery shop. Ask how much thay'd charge to install an OEM seat cover. At least the fit should be guaranteed.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,324 Posts
search it up here.

people been typing about cleaning and avoiding blue stains on white for years hear.

you could also get some fancy seat covers to protect them in the future.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
search it up here.

people been typing about cleaning and avoiding blue stains on white for years hear.

you could also get some fancy seat covers to protect them in the future.
Will probably get something to cover it. I don't have the light colored ones, I have black. But from what I read jeans aren't good for the vinyl for some reason.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check with a local independent auto upholstery shop. Ask how much thay'd charge to install an OEM seat cover. At least the fit should be guaranteed.
Good idea. Will start here.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
19 Posts
Same thing here. Independent installer recommended by my local dealer in Sherman Oaks did it for $50. It takes 30min. I bought the OEM part from Subaru. Your dealer is ripping you off!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same thing here. Independent installer recommended by my local dealer in Sherman Oaks did it for $50. It takes 30min. I bought the OEM part from Subaru. Your dealer is ripping you off!!!
Wait a minute... Dealers do that?! I'm shocked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you still have that guy's info? I need to same repair and live nearby.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,270 Posts
Will probably get something to cover it. I don't have the light colored ones, I have black. But from what I read jeans aren't good for the vinyl for some reason.
Heh, a seat that can't tolerate jeans? Seems far more likely that Subaru used low quality material, or the material was defective, IMO. I have the same problem on my 2015 driver's seat - started around 70k miles. I also have a 2006 Ford Fusion with 110k miles and vinyl seats that are pristine (never quite as supple, however).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you still have that guy's info? I need to same repair and live nearby.
Glad I saw this. Yes, I ordered the cover from cheapest parts dealer and had them replaced at "Richmond Auto Upholstery". They did a good job. It looked 100% after maybe a week (was stiff because it was new to begin with), now looks great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I saw you reply to someone else. This is an independent installer in Houston.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts