Subaru Outback Forums banner

321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
If I am shopping for a car now, I would wait for the new car announcement for 2 reasons.
1) what the new car looks like (duh)
2) how much are they discounting the outgoing model....

I have no problem gong either way but I would prefer that I have a choice rather than getting the outgoing model without knowing what the new model has to offer ....

·
Registered
1987 GL, 1995 Legacy Wagon, 2004 Outback, 2015 Outback
161 Posts
These look real, and explain the heavy taping of the D pillar in the spy shots.

I like. We'll know for sure in a few hours.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,019 Posts
These look real, and explain the heavy taping of the D pillar in the spy shots.

I like. We'll know for sure in a few hours.
triangle window glass at the rear view mirrors like the 2014 Forester.

and them 18" (have to grow on you) 10 spoke rims, that were blacked out on the test mule.

Subaru must sue Ford for using and stealing their grill idea, ...Federal Court in Manhattan must be open on Thursday.

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
i hate door panel mirrors, if i was ever to buy one some how that would be the frist thing i do, other then that, the 18s look good much more filled in but with my 18in rims they dont look as filled in as that...also grill is dumb....

·
Registered
2013 Outback
29 Posts
Like the lower/smaller side cladding, but the front end looks to "Fordish" now. Not a lover of the rims, Black them out as was said.

·
Registered
2014 Outback, Satin White Pearl, 2.5i CVT + Alloy Wheel Pkg
128 Posts
The real question everyone is wondering: did they give the low-beams an access port (or space) for changing???

Seriously though, 33mpg is about what I would expect for the aero improvements and electric assist power steering, among other things. Again right on the threshold for my 14 - too much more and it would have started getting jealous.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The front corner of the front window seems to have some kind of covering in these new pictures. (perhaps just not clear in the pictures) I thought one of the points of moving the mirror was to make that glass for better visibility?

The rest looks fine, though did the back windows (and all windows) get smaller? Why decrease visibility? Does the extra door improve something?

Looking forward to seeing more, reading the specs, and driving one in a few months.

·
Registered
161 Posts
SOA's Tom Doll says 33 MPG Hwy.
That sounds about right.

Imprezza was 36, compared to 33 for the XV on the highway. At highway speed, the reduction in mileage is all about the undercar turbulence from the increased ground clearance. The lift from legacy > outback is about the same for imprezza > XV, so the drop in mileage should be about the same.

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT 5M KYB GR2, King Springs
40 Posts
I really like the looks. My main concern is engine/transmission choices. If it isn't anything interesting, I could see my OBXT manual being replaced by a VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 4-Motion 6speed if it actually makes it's way here.

This is after 4 Subarus and nothing but great experiences with them versus my old Jetta TDI and it's incessant problems.

However, I do want something engaging and interesting to drive.

Please give us some interesting engine/transmission combinations! The turbo with the manual transmission would do it. A long shot would be a diesel.

Alas I doubt either will happen...

·
Registered
14' OB 2.5i Premium, CGM
87 Posts
I really like the looks. My main concern is engine/transmission choices. If it isn't anything interesting, I could see my OBXT manual being replaced by a VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 4-Motion 6speed if it actually makes it's way here.

This is after 4 Subarus and nothing but great experiences with them versus my old Jetta TDI and it's incessant problems.

However, I do want something engaging and interesting to drive.

Please give us some interesting engine/transmission combinations! The turbo with the manual transmission would do it. A long shot would be a diesel.

Alas I doubt either will happen...
Early reports state it's getting the same drive train options as the Legacy and I think that's a pretty safe bet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thank you... Before it was a cross between a CUV and wagon. It looks all wagon to me now...
And that's a good thing.

But it's clear that not everyone has the same tastes. There's no right or wrong (unless you are Subaru, and the direction you pick sells more or fewer cars).

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT 5M KYB GR2, King Springs
40 Posts
Early reports state it's getting the same drive train options as the Legacy and I think that's a pretty safe bet.
Any thoughts on whether VW focusing on the market that has always been the domain of Subaru would cause them, in a few years, to consider some more engaging and enthusiast oriented options if you are right?

It seems like the OBXT has a following that most manufacturers would love. However, I bet the warranty and out of warranty issues may have scared them off.

321 - 340 of 346 Posts